"Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man."

-Peter Parker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 5:44 PM |  
Spiderman is a better superhero than superman and batman because of his even balance of human and superhuman abilities.

Batman has no powers, so it is hard to see how he can even be considered a superhero, and superman is so powerful and indestructible that he is not easy for people to relate to. Superman's powers take all the suspense out of his comics and movies.

Spiderman used to be a regular guy, this helps him be easy to relate to.

A spider bite turned him into a super hero, so his powers were not asked for. The reason spiderman's stories are so intriguing is that he must try to use his powers for good. There is a constant internal battle going on in spidermans mind on whether to keep living his life as normal or to use his powers to help people. "With great power comes great responsibility."
Posted by Ashby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very different topic and I am interested to see how you go about proving spiderman to better than superman and batman. I think the point that spiderman did not "ask for his powers" because he was bit by a spider is a good point and will really help you to argue for spiderman. Maybe you can talk about certain times when batman has failed or depended on others, and not just himself (didn't he have a partner robin?).

April 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM
Taylor said...

I like your overall concept of the "Who's the ultimate superhero" battle. I feel that your argument could be stronger with more evidence. I like how you said that spiderman was once a normal human being, which does make him easier to relate to (Good point!). I like your argument, I just think that your brief could probably be more structured, so the reader will find it easier to read. It is kind of hard to follow as it is right now. But maybe if you put more evidence into a well-structured paper, then it could be a little bit more of an effective argument. I think that you are off to a great start! Looks great so far, hope I helped!

April 4, 2008 at 7:48 AM
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum